These conditions set out the terms of contract between you, the customer,
and Twin Group.
1. In order to secure a booking we will require a deposit of 20%. The balance will be due 4 weeks before the group travels.
2. Change in number: in the event of a group increasing or decreasing in size after a price has been given based on a specific number of participants/free places, the price may alter according to the revised numbers. Twin will inform you accordingly.
3. In the event of cancellation we will ask you to pay cancellation charges on the scale shown below. These charges represent our estimated loss as a result of dealing with your booking to the point of cancellation and any other losses we may have to pay:
For cancellation of a group:
- If group cancellation occurs more than 30 days before travel: £150
- If group cancellation occurs 22-29 days before travel: loss of deposit
- If group cancellation occurs 15-21 days before travel: 25% of total costs
- If group cancellation occurs 08-14 days before travel: 50% of total costs
- If group cancellation occurs 0 - 07 days before travel: 100% of total costs
For cancellation of individuals within a group:
- If cancellation occurs more than 8 days before travel: no charge
- If cancellation occurs 03-07 days before travel: 10% of accommodation costs for individual
- If cancellation occurs 48 hours before travel: 50% of accommodation costs for individual
- If cancellation occurs 24 hours before travel: 100% of accommodation costs for individual
i. The above cancellation policy is our standard policy for host family stays. Groups staying in hostels, hotels and residential centres may incur a different cancellation policy, which will be advised to you at time of booking.
ii. Entrance fees, meals, guides or other services, which have already been pre-paid by Twin on behalf of the group will not be refunded in the event of the cancellation of an individual within a group.
4. If Twin cancels or alters arrangements, for reasons beyond their control relating to war, threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, flooding, adverse weather conditions, cessation of trading or overbooking by a ferry company, hotel, local organiser etc., we shall do our best to offer alternative arrangements of comparable content and standards. If this is not acceptable to the client, we shall refund all moneys within 14 days of your instructions and all previous conditions of contract shall be considered null and void. In this instance no compensation will be made.
5. Before you arrive in the UK, we strongly recommend that you take out insurance for your own financial and personal security.
You can take out your own insurance or take out the International Student Policy offered by Endsleigh Insurance Services Limited which has been specially designed for overseas students studying in the UK.
Please indicate on your booking form if you wish to take out this insurance policy.
6. If you have cause for complaint whilst in the UK, you must bring this to the attention of the local organiser, hotel or residential centre, who will do their best to rectify the situation. It is unreasonable to take no action whilst in the UK, and then to write a letter of complaint on return to your home country. We regret we cannot accept liability in relation to any complaint or problem if you fail to notify us. Twin has a 24-hour emergency number for this purpose, which is displayed on all itineraries.
7. In the unlikely event that a group has been allowed to travel in the absence of full pre-payment having been received, and a complaint is subsequently made, we reserve the right not to respond to the complaint until all monies owed to us are paid.